Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goals for this year

So, I have noticed myself putting on the lbs. I mean, I am under stress and have had two kids, but come on. This craziness has to end. I am probably 50 lbs heavier than I am supposed to be. The Treadmill at my apartment complex says I weigh 189, but it has also said I weigh 145, 190, and 155. I don't think I can gain and lose weight that quickly (all within a month), so my first goal is to buy a reasonably honest scale. My second goal is to lose 50 pounds in 50 weeks. I am a busy mom, and so I have given myself a good amount of time to lose the weight. I have a workout room practically outside my apartment door and a pool in my backyard. I am not planning on trying anything that will change my eating patterns too much other than cutting back on sweets and kicking soda out of my diet. This will be strictly a will power/exercising goal. Why, you might ask, am I being so bold as to tell my family and friends how much I weigh and how much I am planning on losing? I need to say it out loud and be held accountable for my eating actions. I am now making the world both my cheerleader and critic.
It is a fairly reasonable goal, and I am excluding two weeks from the year. Anyone want to guess which ones they will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment